The leaders of our state passed legislation in 2004 to strengthen our child welfare system in providing protection to our children/families by passing a child welfare reform bill (HB1453). This statute further promotes the well-being of children/families by enhancing state child welfare services. The statute can be found in the following locations:
- 37.700 - Definitions.
- 37.705 - Office established--appointment of child advocate.
- 37.710 - Access to information--authority of office--confidentiality of information.
- 37.715 - Complaint procedures--annual report, contents.
- 37.719 - Office of Child Advocate County Review.
- 37.725 - Files may be disclosed at discretion of child advocate, exceptions--privileged information--penalty for disclosure of confidential material.
- 37.730- Immunity from liability, when.
Legislation was passed in 2011 to authorize OCA to coordinate mediation efforts between school districts and students when allegations of child abuse arise in a school setting (SB54). The statute can be found in the following location:
- 160.262 - Mediation.